Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lerk Thai

I met her for dinner after her lessons that day. We were at Marina Square, and as usual, dunno what to eat. So we walked around looking for food, passed by Lerk Thai, and the promotion posters caught our attention. It was a weekday, so Marina square was pretty quiet, and most of the restaurants are empty, Lerk Thai was also empty, but decided to eat at Lerk Thai since I've not tried it before, and I was hungry.

Her order: Crispy Soft Shell Crab with Glass Noodle in Hot Pot

Crispy Soft Shell Crab with Glass Noodle in Hot Pot - S$9.45
This is Lerk Thai's new specialty dish, which was having a 50% promotion. This is a pretty interesting dish, Lerk Thai is pretty good with the spices, the crab and the glass noodles have a really rich taste. By the way, glass noodle is 東粉 or Tung-Hoon, google it if you still dunno what it is.

My order: Massaman Curry

Massaman Curry - S$11.90

Awesome dish, it is voted the World's No. 1 Delicious Food by the CNN. Extremely spicy and fragrant, the gravy is thick, but not gluey. They have a pretty generous amount of chicken and potato, so it is pretty filling.

Choked on the spiciness once, which brings me to my next point: this restaurant charge for ice water. More specifically, they do not serve ice water, they sell you mineral water. Of course, I didn't start a "Joanne Peh incident" and quarrel with their management, but I refused to order any drinks. Call me stingy, but when the 10% service charge is in the bill, I expect the minimum of ice water to be served. There is really no right or wrong in this, but just imagine the kind of impression you will leave in your customers..

Overall, Lerk Thai's food have pretty rich flavor, in contrast to Thai Express, which has subtle but impressive taste. The ice water part is a pretty big turn off, and this reminds me, Thai Express serves free flow ice water.

No comments:

Post a Comment