Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Work at Polo Ralph Lauren

For this sem’s vacation, I’ve managed to find myself a relatively better paying job at Polo Ralph Lauren, S$7 /hr. So I can finally say goodbye to The Headphones Gallery and its bullshit.

This job is pretty nice actually, but as usual, I always have something to complain, lol. As with all front service jobs, standing long hours is a must, and I have mostly gotten used to standing long hours. But the most irritating part about this job is the leather shoes, I hate wearing leather shoes seriously, pain in the ass. Ok, maybe pain in my feet, not ass.

The pay: even though it’s S$7 /hr, per day I have only 8.5 hrs of work for morning/afternoon shift, and 12 hours for full shift, deducting the break time, it is $52.50 and $73.50, at headphones, I’m paid $60 per day, so sometimes more, sometimes less. Furthermore, the work per hour is higher too, with many random tasks to do.

Oh ya, one thing I must mention: IBT. IBT is transferring stocks from the Scotts Isetan branch to the Takashimaya branch; I suspect it stands for Inter Branch Transfer, tho I’ve never asked. It takes me around 10 minutes just to walk to Isetan. Seriously tiring, but each time I go for IBT, I can waste half an hour, very good way to pass boring time, and to lose some weight as well, haha.

As some may know, Ralph Lauren is expensive in Singapore, the polo tees are around S$200 and this is like the standard pricing. I was steaming a dress the other day, and I was shock to see the price: S$1070. Can you imagine that? I can buy an iPad with S$1070.

I took a picture of some of the over S$1000 dresses:

S$1430
S$1070
S$1070
To be frank, Ralph Lauren does indeed have pretty quality products, compared to brands like LV which sells only the brand. The designs are humble, yet very nice, and the materials are  quite good. Take that blue dress I steamed for example, it looks simple but pleasant, and gives a classy feel. And oh ya, the material is 100% Mulberry Silk. I can only imagine my (future) girlfriend wearing it, she'd be quite gorgeous.

Anyways, after only 1 week of work, I'm feeling pretty worn out already, and work just feel like counting down to ORD, just like all my other jobs. I should be working till end of June, tho I'm asked to work till July. I think I'd consider, base on how tired I am. Anyways, I doubt it'll be a big deal if I don't continue, since the other part-timer (also from NUS) is pretty hardworking and smart, actually better than me, and I think he'd continue.


*Edit 15/06/2011*
S$890
 Added one more dress, I really like this one, my favorite. A nice touch of feminine and "coolness" together. I bet my girlfriend will look gorgeous in it too. Just one problem (other than the price), I don't have a girlfriend, hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment