Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Leadership

I was reading about leadership and teammate management, and I realized that I’ve been drifting away from greatness. I feel that I have been somewhat authoritarian in my thinking and leadership styles lately. My pride has made me arrogant, losing the connection with my people somehow. This superiority complex has led to selfishness in my behavior somewhat, and I’m beginning to fail to understand that the people I lead are complex individuals as humans themselves. I’m starting to enforce what I want on the team, based on my own perspective, failing to think from their perspective.

The leader provides vision and leads the team towards this vision. But vision must be built based on his people. To do so, the people must be constantly consulted. Truly great leaders adapt their strategies to the people around them and the situations in front of them. I hope I am on track for the search for greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment