Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Orange Tee Building - 丰味 (Flavvors)

*edit*
丰味 has closed down. Guess their food really isn't fantastic at all.

The Orange Tee building at Toa Payoh Central has opened for quite some time now, I've tried, eaten, reviewed, and stopped eating at Luvvy Curry, but I've not tried 丰味 yet, so I decided to go with my mum today.



Here's What we ordered:
(I know the english name sound stupid, it's actually from the menu)


炸明虾角 - $4.80
(Deep Fried Ming Xia Jiao)


This 明虾角 is actually very exquisite, the best 明虾角 I've eaten so far. The "skin" is extremely thin and crispy, unlike the usual ones which are thick and hard. There's actually 4 明虾角, but glutton me only remembered to take picture after already eating 2.


芒果炸春卷 - $6.80
(Deep-fried Mango & Prawn Spring Roll)


This dish looks damn nice in the menu, but it doesn't really taste like it looks. I'm not saying it's lousy, just that the picture got me expecting more, I can't really taste the mango, the spring taste like spring roll, the typical restaurant kind of spring roll. Still nice tho.


香菇滑鸡盅仔饭 - $6.80
("Zhong Zai Fun")


This is what my mum ordered. Very nice, really, one thing I notice about Flavvors is, they are very generous in their food (meat/料) portion; while dishes like this in many other restaurants have only a few pieces of chicken and mostly rice, Flavvors have a generous amount of chicken (and mushroom). The gravy/flavor is very unique, giving a very fragrant taste, makes me wonder what's in it. They also to give a generous amount of the gravy, such that all the rice is soaked with it, other restaurants have a lot of  白饭 (white rice) underneath. It's details like this that impresses your customers.


炉饭 (鸡扒白汁) - $8.80
(Baked Rice with Cheese, Chicken Chop w/ White Sauce)


This is what I ordered. This is good shit, really, makes pizza hut cry. I did mention that Flavvors is very generous in their meat, the chicken in this is really everywhere in the bowl. The taste is awesome, cheese is thick, definitely worth the $8.80. Having this kind of quality in a chinese restaurant makes many western restaurants cry.


Desert: 芒果布丁 - $3.80
(Mango Pudding with Sago)


I'm a giant sweet tooth, and I love desert. This mango pudding is pretty nice, but pretty "common tasting". I think I have yet to recover from the sweetness from Gelare on Tuesday. Well, I guess all mango pudding tastes around the same, but of course I did try some disgusting ones before.


Well, generally I'm pretty please with the ambiance, quality of food, and service of Flavvors. Tho I'd love to see less China staff, but I guess that's impossible for Singapore. Anyways, the prices are pretty good, that much food for around 30 bucks, I've been eating at restaurant a lot lately, that's actually the cheapest so far. If you ever come by Toa Payoh, give it a try.


Restaurant Details:

 http://www.flavvors.com.sg/

430 Toa Payoh Lorong 6
Level 1 - 01
Orange Tee Building
Singapore 319402

Opening Hours:
11am – 11pm daily

Reservations: 6255 2151

3 comments:

  1. On 27 April 2012, I visited the restaurant with my family and 2 children. We ordered the Ala Carte dim sum buffet.

    The food was according to my expected standard of being horrendously bad. The skin for the all dumplings could break into pieces!

    The service was not worth mentioning. We had the idea that it could be the company’s policy to serve the customer very slowly so that we would get tired of waiting and leave.

    I ordered 2 plates of siew mai and 2 plates of shrimp dumplings since the service was tortoise slow. The food arrived in total of 2 plates with 4 pcs each. I also orders 1 plate of charsiew pastry and it came in 4 pcs too. In that case, please inform customer that each order will be limited to one plate serving! Terrible!

    We took a long 2 hours to “finish’ our lunch, left with half filled stomach and hurriedly carried our impatient toddlers out. Luckily, this meal was 100% complimentary using some vouchers!

    Footnote: I noticed I Luvvy Curry and Wave which are neighbors are under the same management so I will give them a miss too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I should have mentioned the dim sum buffet is indeed, as you have said, horrendously bad. But the food served out of the buffet timing is quite nice actually. I'm actually surprised that they still have the dim sum buffet. My mum and I tried the dim sum buffet once and were extremely disappointed; the quality difference between the dim sum buffet and the non-promotional timing is really a far cry.

      Delete
  2. On 29th June 2012, my Aunt brought us there for a birthday dinner and I was very pleasantly surprised. We had a set menu dinner, banquet style and I found the food extremely impressive. Maybe it's because I've been away from S'pore for so long but the dishes were just fabulous. The standout dishes were the deep fried shrimp in panko crumbs ( whatever it was called ) and the steamed fish. I also enjoyed the black pepper crab, but by then I was too full to take anything else in. Service is quite competent and the price very reasonable ( at least by US standards ).

    ReplyDelete