Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

錢,原來真的很重要

Declined a job job offer because it didn't meet my 20% increment. Reasons are clear and correct, and the job does have a lot of risks involved. But it felt like I have just lost money. Although it didn't meet the 20%, the increment is still very good - and it would have put me 3 years ahead of schedule to meet that magic number.

This made me reflect on the way I have been spending money. I have been throwing money away. 做老板 anyhow open bottle, over drinking until go hospital, buying luxurious new stuff, randomly agreeing to go overseas without thinking. I thought that getting a car is a waste of money, but the way I'm spending money is even worse.

I realized that I may not be as open minded about money as I thought. I realized that actually 我把錢看得挺重的. Spending money without thinking is not something I can afford.

But further thinking made me realize that I have been slack and lazy, I have not put in my 100% - not even 50%.  I would like to blame my 損友s for always going early happy hours instead of working, but I realized that I have only myself to blame for leading this kind of lifestyle and drinking excessively. The time wasted by this lifestyle is not just the time spent drinking, but also the overhead caused by energy drain of drinking.

Go work at 11am, talk cock for 1 hour, go for 2 hours lunch from 12-2pm, meeting for 2 hours 2-4pm, go drink kopi or early happy hour from 4pm onward. 這樣的生活很爽吧?

What the fuck, seriously what the fuck was I thinking?

I spent much of my time slacking off and not working at all. Go drinking 3-4 times a week. So much time and money wasted. Once again, seriously, what the fuck?

Once again, with the compliments which I have been getting, I became too full of myself, I was complacent. It is true that 50% of my effort is better than 100% of others, but I let myself down by not fulfilling my potential. Remember, always remember that you should live out your full potential.

Fortunately, I realized this problem early, even though a lot of money has been wasted. Time to put myself back together and stay focused and disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment