Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Excuses are bad for you

I realized that one of the problem is I have is how good I am in generating excuses.

This is again the side effect of one of my strengths, which is my ability generate alternatives.

This means that even I begin in any plans, I will seek for an exit strategy first. Should there be an exit strategy, I tend to jump to the conclusion that the chance of succeeding is too low, or the impact of failure is too high, and give up altogether.

This is the first in history that I finally concede that pessimism is bad for you. It is a self-defense mechanism to bluff yourself into believing that everything is bad and will turn out bad, so there is no reason to try, and since there is no reason to try, there is no way to fail. Pessimism eventually slips into cynicism.

The essentially means that I will attempt only things which are proven to work, and dismiss everything else as mission impossible. That also explains why there has not been any groundbreaking achievements in my life.


It’s time I should make that self-proclaimed dare to try attitude into a real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment