Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

New RAM

RAM prices dropped pretty low these few weeks, it was $20 for a piece of 4GB SO-DIMM two weeks ago, so I wanted to get some to upgrade my laptop to 8GB RAM. I was actually at Sim Lim that time when the price was $20, but I didn't know it was cheap then.

My printer spoiled again today, seem to be a clot at the yellow color, so I had to go down to the Nine-Ink at Sim Lim to try and get it fixed. The RAM price shot up to $22, but it is still cheap considering that it used to cost $40+. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to get the RAM since my cash flow is pretty tight recently, so I pinned the decision to my printer. The person at Nine-Ink said she could try unclogging the clot with some chemicals, but there was no guarantee that it'd work. If it didn't work, I would have to head down to brother service center for repairs. The chemical needed around an hour to work, so Anthony and I decided to get some coffee at Killiney. While drinking coffee, I decided that I should buy the RAM if my printer is fixed. From the title you would have figured out my printer is working.

So as OCD as I am, I did some comparison with my old RAM and the new one, here are the screenshots:

Micron 2GB PC3-8500F


Kingston 4GB PC3-12800

I got the 1600MHz RAM since they're of the same price for all frequencies, turns out my laptop's motherboard can only support up to 1066MHz.

Here's the pictures of the RAM itself:
Micron 2GB PC3-8500F

Kingston 4GB PC3-12800




No comments:

Post a Comment