Please do not post any link or advertisement on my blog, it will be removed.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The new Bishan Park

Toa Payoh is a pretty centralized concrete area, it's pretty hard to find places to go cycling. I do go to East Coast Park sometimes, but the journey is quite long and dangerous, so Bishan Park is the nearest place that I can play around.

Bishan Park was closed for renovations some time back, and was re-opened recently. I've been wanting to visit Bishan Park for quite a while now, but due to my busy schedule and supreme procrastination, I finally went there today.

My first reaction when I got there was "What the...? They spent so much money on this crap...?" The place looks pretty messy and somewhat ill maintained, but as I proceed further, I realized it's done on purpose. It's easy to see that design of the park was made to be as 'wild' as possible, the greenery look like it has never been trimmed before. It brings you closer to the nature, but in my opinion, ubin will be a better place to do that. There are also some touch of urban construction, bridges, pavilions, artistic-looking-steps, in all the combination makes the place feel pretty cosy and nice, a good place for the family to hang out during weekends.

Here's some pictures:


Combination of messy greenery, bridge, and HDB in the scene

Wild grass that looks untrimmed




Random artistic sculpture in the middle of the park
Entrance at Ang Mo Kio

Do you really need to tell people that it's a pond?
That pond looks quite nice actually

Lily-pads in the pond, nice.
 
McDonald invades everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment